- 8 (about 1/8″ thick) slices zucchini
- 8 (1/8″ thick) slices Japanese eggplant
- 8 (1/8″ thick) slices green pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups skinned, seeded and chopped tomatoes, divided
- 2 – 9″ unbaked pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
Lightly saute zucchini, eggplant and green pepper in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Remove and drain on paper towels. Saute garlic in remaining Tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms, vinegar and 1 cup tomatoes. Cook until most of liquid has evaporated.
Place pizza crusts on baking sheet. Spread 1/2 mushroom mixture over each crust. Arrange vegetables over mixture and top with pizza sauce and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bake at 425 degrees, 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1 cup chopped tomatoes and basil.