- 2 cup Couscous
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (11oz) can mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- 1 (8oz) can seedless grapes, drained and halved
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
Prepare Couscous according to package directions; drain.
In small, heavy saucepan beat eggs with wire whisk until foamy. Stir in reserved pineapple liquid, lemon juice, sugar, butter and salt. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature. In large bowl, combine couscous, pineapple, oranges, and grapes; mix well. Fold in egg mixture, then whipped cream. Cover; chill thoroughly. Stir gently before serving. Garnish with cherries. Refrigerate leftover.
Try adding mini-marshmallows for an added texture and sweetness, (approximately 1 – 2 cups)