- 1/2 pound frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove minced garlic3/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- 1/4tsp ground coriander
- 3Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil, garnish top with sliced black olives. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
Try serving this tasty little dip with wheat thins, triscuits, pita bread wedges, sliced cucumbers, carrots and or celery.