- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 stalk celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn bread, crumbled
- 1 14.5oz can chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chestnuts, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sage, minced (if fresh), 3 Tbsp dried
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, onion, peppers and saute’ 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add sausage and cook 3 minutes more. Pour mixture into large bowl and let cool.
Gently stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to buttered 9×12″ casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, 35 – 40 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.