- 12 Extra large mushrooms caps
- 1 cup dry bread crumb (or Stovetop stuffing)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or dry jack cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp freshly chopped
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or heavy cream
- 1 clove crushed garlic
Remove stems from mushroom and finely chop. Mix bread crumbs, cheese, butter, oregano, garlic and mushroom stems.
Heap into mushroom caps and brush with melted butter. Arrange in a casserole dish with a small amount of water in the bottom.
Bake at 350 degrees on the top shelf until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned, about 20 minutes.