- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 package regular cornbread (I use Jiffy)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 can cream style corn
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup jack cheese, grated
- green chilies (if you wish and as much as you desire)
Brown the ground beef and onion. Mix cornbread mixes with eggs, milk and corn. Pour half in a lightly greased casserole dish. Spread the meat mixture on top and the two grated cheese . Pour the rest of the cornbread mixture on top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until done.
This recipe was provided by Miss Mary Elizabeth B. from St Piux X Women’s Club- Thanks Mary!