- 4 Tbsp plain yogurt (preferably goat’s or sheep’s milk)
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp minced roasted garlic (about 1 medium clove)
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (to taste)
Place cucumber cubes into a colander and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Let rest for 10-15 minutes to allow excess water to drain from the cucumber. Without rinsing the cucumber, gently squeeze the cucumber in a paper towel or cheese cloth, removing as much moisture as possible. Pulse process all ingredients in food processor until you have a nice creamy consistency. Chill for a few hours before serving (if at all possible, to allow the flavors to marry together).
Serve on Gyros, grilled lamb chops . . . really just about anything would good with a little of this – it’s YUMMY!